- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 c. oats, toasted (toast on a baking sheet at 350° for 10 minutes or saute in a pan until golden)
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1⁄4 c. light brown sugar, packed
- 1 12-oz. bottle Heineken or whatever you have on hand (Camba recommends using 11 oz. and saving a swig for yourself.)
- 1⁄4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients save for the egg whites. Mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into batter.
- Melt a pat of butter in a hot pan. Pour batter into pan and swirl until bottom is covered (eyeball it depending on your skillet size).
- When bubbles form, flip the pancake. When browned evenly on each side, pancake is ready.
- Eat (drink?) with a man for whom you’d do anything.