Presently the Senior Director, Human Resources (HR) of HEINEKEN APAC.
Began her career with HEINEKEN in April 1996 as Singapore’s Regional HR Manager Far East before moving to Heineken International Amsterdam in September 1998 as a Benchmarking Analyst with Corporate HR. She subsequently took on a different role as a Policy & OD Consultant before relocating back to Asia in 2005 as the Regional HR Manager, Asia Pacific.
In October 2010, she assumed the role of Group HR Director with Asia Pacific Breweries Limited (APB). In that position, she played a key role in creating a shared HR Vision for a diverse HR team across Asia Pacific. With the successful integration of APB business into the HEINEKEN Group, she was then appointed as the Regional HR Director.
Promoted to Senior Director, Human Resources on 1 July 2015.
- Presently, Regional Legal Director for HEINEKEN, responsible for the functional oversight of legal in Asia Pacific. She is also a member of the HEINEKEN APAC management team.
- Started her tenure at HEINEKEN in 2013 following its take-over of Asia Pacific Breweries Limited, where she had been General Counsel since 2004. She was closely involved in the de-listing and integration process and now heads HEINEKEN’s APAC legal function.
- More than 20 years of experience in legal practice and in the in-house legal function for various Singapore listed companies. At Asia Pacific Breweries Limited, she was responsible for legal, compliance and enterprise risk management.
- Other experience includes joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, setup of greenfield breweries and managing high profile litigation and arbitration in the Asia Pacific region.
- Listed in the 2019 GC Powerlist Southeast Asia (Most Influential Lawyers in Business).
Within the HEINEKEN Group:
- From February 2012 to August 2018, Managing Director of Cambodia Brewery Ltd (CBL), HEINEKEN’s operating company in Cambodia. In this role, he has led CBL to increase its market share by more than double, establishing CBL as the market leader in Cambodia.
- From March 2009 to February 2012, General Manager for Danang and Quang Nam Breweries in the central region of Vietnam.
- February 2008 to February 2009, Special Assistant to the Regional Director of Asia Pacific Breweries.
- Started his career with British Petroleum (“BP”) where he spent 16 years working in sales, logistics, operations and planning roles in retail, gas and lubes businesses.
- He was then appointed as the General Manager for BP Vietnam from 2003 to 2005 and subsequently as the Sales Director for the lubes business for Malaysia and Singapore from 2005 to 2007.
Directorship of Public Company:
- Confederation of Malaysian Brewers Berhad
- Presently, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PEMANDU Associates
- Former Managing Director of BFR Institute and CEO of PEMANDU, a unit in the Prime Minister’s Department, Malaysia, the organisation tasked with spearheading Malaysia’s transition towards high income status by 2020.
- Served as Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department for 6 years, and later as the Advisor to the Prime Minister on the National Transformation Programme.
- A renowned transformation guru in turning around companies’ performance through his big fast results methodology and transformational strategies that are innovative, rigorous and relevant to today’s demands.
- Has continuously delivered sustainable social economic reforms which, in 2014, saw Bloomberg place him among the top 10 most influential policy makers in the world.
- Founder and Executive Chairman of the Global Transformation Forum (GTF), the world’s singular platform for influential, global leaders to engage and share experiences and best practices on how to drive transformation.
- An Expert Resource Speaker at the Harvard Health Leaders’ Ministerial Forum and a Visiting Fellow of Practice at the Oxford Blavatnik School of Government.
- Served on the Advisory panel for the World Economic Forum (WEF) on New Economic Growth and also on the Advisory Panel of World Bank.
- Former Managing Director / CEO at Malaysia Airlines (MAS) for 3 years. He was brought on board to turn around the airline which was in crisis brought about by a prolonged bout of losses from operational inefficiencies.
- Prior to MAS, he spent 23 years at Shell, rising up the ranks to hold senior positions including Vice President, Shell Retail International and Vice President Business Development Consultancy, based in UK. This included successful business turnarounds in Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
Directorship of Public Companies / Listed Companies
- Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad
- Sunway Berhad
- Jeffrey Cheah Foundation
- Served more than 21 years with Sime Darby Group, holding various senior positions including Group Tax Controller, Group Company Secretary, Group Finance Director and Divisional Director of the Allied Products & Services Division.
- After leaving the Sime Darby Group in 2007, he served as Chief Executive Officer of a public relations and communications consultancy until May 2009.
- Started his career at KPMG with whom he served 11 years in Malaysia and the United Kingdom, undertaking audit, tax and business advisory assignments.
- Served as a member of the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board, the Executive Committee of the International Fiscal Association (Malaysia Branch) and the Task Force on the formation of an Audit Oversight Board chaired by the Securities Commission (SC) and the Accounting Technical Panel of the SC.
Directorship of Public Companies / Listed Companies
- Hong Leong MSIG Takaful Berhad
- Pacific Mutual Fund Berhad
- Former Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Star Publications (M) Bhd (The Star) from 1 July 2008 to 30 June 2011. First employed in The Star as Advertising Sales Promotions Manager in 1985 before serving as General Manager, Advertising and Business Development in 1995. In 2004, she was appointed as Deputy Group General Manager and in 2007 she was promoted to Executive Director/Group Chief Operating Officer before assuming the office as Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of The Star in 2008, a position she held till her retirement in 2011.
- Former Board Member of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) Malaysia and Chairperson of the ABC Content & Communications Committee.
- Represented The Star on the Malaysian Newspapers Publishers Association (MNPA) as its Honorary Secretary.
- Former Board Member of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) Malaysia.
Directorship of Public Companies / Listed Companies / Others
- MUI Properties Berhad
- Hong Leong Assurance Berhad
- Yayasan Sin Chew
- Make a Wish Malaysia Welfare Association
- Presently, Managing Director of Heineken Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (APAC) responsible for the business of its operating companies within the Asia Pacific region.
- A globally experienced business leader with a successful track record in general management, marketing and logistics.
- Has worked for HEINEKEN for 29 years including in the Netherlands, Japan, Poland, New Caledonia, Indonesia and Vietnam.
- During his extensive career with HEINEKEN, he has held the position of Managing Director/CEO at HEINEKEN’s operating companies in New Caledonia (2006 – 2010), Indonesia (2010 – May 2013) and most recently in Vietnam (May 2013 – August 2019).