“We want to make sure that every drinker gets the perfect pint in their hand, every time. That’s why initiatives like the Guinness Perfect Pour training programme, along with others under the Heineken Star Academy, are so important. The perfect serve takes in many aspects – the flavour, the aroma, the presentation – and showcases the beer as the work of art it is.
The quality we have seen in the Guinness Perfect Pour contest has been very impressive, and choosing the very best from across the country has not been an easy task. Today’s winners, along with the rest of the participants, have shown that our drinkers can expect their favourite brews to be served at a world-class standard across the country.”
How to pour the perfect pint of Guinness:
1. Take a cool, dry, Guinness-branded pint glass.
2. Hold the glass firmly at a 45° angle under the tap.
3. Pull the handle fully forward towards you. Slowly straighten the glass as it fills. Stop when the glass is ¾ full.
4. Leave the surge to settle, allowing the creamy head to form. The head should be between 10 and 15mm high.
5. Top up the glass by pushing the tap handle away from you. Stop when the head is proud of the rim.
6. Enjoy your perfect pint of Guinness!